- Commercial Immigration
- Dispute Resolution
Mr. Chengyu Hou represents clients primarily in corporate law, intellectual property (trademark and copyright laws) and commercial immigration matters.
Mr. Hou began his legal career working for a U.S. law firm headquartered in midtown, New York City, during which he advised many U.S. and European clients on corporate merger and acquisitions, commercial real estate transactions, trademark and copy right matters, commercial immigration matters.
The following is a selected sampling of Mr. Hou’s past client/matters:
- •Advised Rolex, Coach and a variety of U.S. and non-U.S. brands on trademark matters;
- •Advised a Chinese hotel chain operator on the acquisition of a Hampton Inn operated by the Hilton group and assignment and assumption of commercial mortgage backed securities in connection with the acquisition;
- •Advised the acquisition of a commercial real property located in the financial district of San Francisco owned by a group of Chinese, U.S., U.K and South African investors;
- •Advised a New Jersey chemistry company on its investment in China;
- •RAdvised a Shanghai state-owned enterprise on its investment in U.S.;
- •Advised an angel capitalist in his investment in Meixin Finance, the first internet based cross border investment platform between China and U.S. based in New York;
- •Represented all of the shareholders of a Michigan-based fire alarm design and manufacturing company in the sale of the company to a strategic buyer from Europe;
- •Advised a New York based entity to obtain the designation as a regional center from USCIS