Ms. Xu’s practices focus on corporate transactions, including corporate formation, cross-border M&A, bond issuance, commercial leasing and infrastructure construction. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Xu practiced corporate law at a leading Chinese law firm. She is familiar with foreign investment laws and regulations of both China and the U.S.
- Represented a U.S. manufacturer in establishing a joint venture in Optic Valley Industrial Park (Wuhan, China).
- Advised an Italian corporation on transferring its €7 million stock of a Chinese company to its subsidiary : coordinated structure planning, conducted due diligence, drafted transactional documents.
- Advised Hong Kong Jockey Club in its Conghua Training Centre Project: prepared internal documents, advised on legal issues relating to the project operation.
- Assisted a Chinese real estate company with its issuance of bonds: conducted due diligence, researched regulations for compliance.
- Assisted a Chinese consortium with its acquisition of West Bromwich Albion Football Club: liaised with governmental authorities, prepared filing materials for government approval.